+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My 2-Week No Bread Diet!

Default My 2-Week No Bread Diet!

I hope you don't close this thread because I need ALL the motivation and support I can get !
    I started a "No Bread" Diet yesterday because i think bread is what makes me gain weight so much! I will record my results here for 2 weeks.
    I will need ALL your support because this will be so hard for me.

p.s : if there are any tips you can give me plz post them here !

- Already lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months
    - I work out 45 minutes everyday ( i don't know if that's enough!)
    - I use the scale everyday . It helps me to work harder!
    - I try to drink herbal tea everyday.

Day 2 : I weighed myself today and i realized that i lost 1.1 pounds since yesterday !!
    I will keep you updated !
    thanks >_<
    Last edited by lirvavril; 09-03-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Default Re: My 2-Week No Bread Diet!

waaaah! so good! bread isn't as healty as everybody thinks.

Im really really proud of you! ^^

Haaaaay!~

Go for it! :3 I'm rooting for ya~

Great job on losing weight. I wish you the best of luck. And I'm really happy for you.

Just a little thing: I've heard that it is unhealthy for people to weight themselves everyday. Doctors and magazines have said that. But if you want to weigh yourself everyday, go ahead. If it is for motivation then more power to ya!

First: Kudos.. this is a low carb diet... that's what most ppl should do.. it's so easy to lose weight if you only lose those carbs from your diet..

Carbs includes: Soft Drinks, breads, pastas, and anything made from flour!

Points to Ponder: If you watched 'Supersize Me', a documentary which documents this guy eating mc donalds for 1 month and he gained tons of weight. Now, according to this documentary it's the huge amount of meat he consumed and the GP (ie, the doctor) also came to the same conclusions... but that was the WRONG, FAULTY conclusions... Mc Donalds makes you fat because of their carbs.. ie, the large coke, the large fries, the buns, etc.. NOT THE MEAT!

Just eat natural foods such as meat, vegetables, fruits, whole milk (not low fat milk), butter (not margarine), and avoid anything that says 'low fat'... I know this sounds crazy, but you can eat fat and it won't make you fat.. it's easier to become fat drinking coke... why? Because real fats takes a lot of energy to break down and gets turn back into fat... whereas processed carbs, such as white bread, sugars in cokes, etc, are instantly transformed into blood sugar which is then carried directly to your cells and stored as fat if you don't burn them off right away.

Lirvaril: Unless you're running like crazy all day, you can't possibly lose 1 pound in a day (unless you're super fat)... it's mostly water loss... but if you continue to eat less carbs, and more healthy foods with actual nutrients in them, and keep up your daily exercise, you'll lose weight for the long term...

thanks for the support guys !

StrawberryShortCake
    : thanks for the tip . I will try not to weigh in everyday. The reason why it's not healthy is because people might not experience weight loss quickly and if they scale theirselves everyday and see that they haven't lost anything . They will lose interest quickly trying to lose the pounds !!

I only do this to be aware if i gained or lost weight . If i gained , i work harder and if i lose , it makes me move more forward ^^

Quote Originally Posted by cool View Post
    First: Kudos.. this is a low carb diet... that's what most ppl should do.. it's so easy to lose weight if you only lose those carbs from your diet..

Carbs includes: Soft Drinks, breads, pastas, and anything made from flour!

Points to Ponder: If you watched 'Supersize Me', a documentary which documents this guy eating mc donalds for 1 month and he gained tons of weight. Now, according to this documentary it's the huge amount of meat he consumed and the GP (ie, the doctor) also came to the same conclusions... but that was the WRONG, FAULTY conclusions... Mc Donalds makes you fat because of their carbs.. ie, the large coke, the large fries, the buns, etc.. NOT THE MEAT!

Just eat natural foods such as meat, vegetables, fruits, whole milk (not low fat milk), butter (not margarine), and avoid anything that says 'low fat'... I know this sounds crazy, but you can eat fat and it won't make you fat.. it's easier to become fat drinking coke... why? Because real fats takes a lot of energy to break down and gets turn back into fat... whereas processed carbs, such as white bread, sugars in cokes, etc, are instantly transformed into blood sugar which is then carried directly to your cells and stored as fat if you don't burn them off right away.
    Thank you cool , i've already cut out soft drinks and suger since July. And it has done wonders ! I feel less bloatness , less hungry, good sleep and good digestion
    I always wanted to see that documentary but am kind of scared since i love Mc D's !!!!! ( i miss it !)
    I don't eat sweets so my only real problem is Bread. And from previous experience , i realize the days that i dont eat bread i lose weight!

Lirvaril: Unless you're running like crazy all day, you can't possibly lose 1 pound in a day (unless you're super fat)... it's mostly water loss... but if you continue to eat less carbs, and more healthy foods with actual nutrients in them, and keep up your daily exercise, you'll lose weight for the long term...
    hahaha .. dont worry i'm not fat .. I'm just not skinny as i used to be . I've gained 30 pounds last year . Lost 15 , now . 15 more to go !!!!!!!!!!
    As for exercise , I use the elliptical machine for 30 minutes.
    Squats , push ups , lunges and crunches for 24 minutes .
    say 45- 55 minutes everyday ...
    I dont know if it's enough .. what do you say ?

Well a good balanced exercise program should include 3 things:

1. Cardio - these includes jogging, walking, running, cycling, swimming, etc,etc. Cardio will help you with your general well being.

2. Weights - This is very, very important which a lot of women misses out on. Weights help you add more muscle mass which is also good for general well being. But the most important part of weights is that it'll help you strengthen your bones. Women suffers from osteoporosis as they grow older if they don't get enough calcium and do some weight bearing exercise.

3. Flexibility - includes yoga, stretching, etc, etc... also good for overall health.

If you have all 3 of the above, then you're well balanced in the exercise regime...

hhmmm .. i do both Cardio and Weights.
    But i somehow miss out on the stretching part .
    I'll include that in my exercise plan

But is 45 min. till 1 hour enough ?

Well, everyone should have their own plans. This depends on your health levels.

But a good one would include at least:

40 minutes of cardio at one go.. if you're jogging, jog for 40 minutes.. minimum 30 minutes. (but of course any exercise is better than none at all)... Now, why 40 minutes? Because you'll need to increase your heart rate for a prolong period before you get improvement in your overall cardio health... Now, if running or doing this on a machine is too boring, join one of those cool classes that makes you jump around and dance, etc... or join a cycling club, or jog in the parks...

Good stretching would take at least 20 minutes.. but you can also join some yoga classes that would do the same thing but better and more all rounded.

Weights, make sure you know what weights and how to do it. Otherwise it can do some damage as well. You'll need to weight bearing exercise for your spine as well so that you'll strengthen the spinal cord (bones). And your hips, and of course everywhere else. It doesn't mean just lifting some dumb bells. Go to a gym and ask for a trainer.

Oh, it's not a good idea to look at the scale everyday.. Like I said, you can't really see any changes everyday,... also, it defeats the purpose of your trying to live a healthy life... if you're changing your lifestyle to a better one, then it should be a permanent change and you need not keep looking at the scale.. you just need to check once / month... but if you feel good, you'll be good....

Once you start to exercise at least 3-4 days a week, within a month, you'll feel a lot more energy and vibrant.. and overall healthier... and happier.. etc.... your weight will stabilize on it's own...

You're right, i get bored easily. But i'm at a point right now where i dont have a choice but to lose weight . I'm willing to do anything .
    And it's not really about losing weight . When i gained weight , i lost confidence in myself which was a big part of me . And sometimes i feel heavy and get tired easily ! Also , i hate that stupid feeling you get when u're in a clothing store and you realize that u need a size or two larger !!!

I have this book by Bob Greene called " Total Body Makeover" . Somehow , it's the only book that really makes sense .. It has a workout plan , NOT a food plan/ diet.
    I use the strength training workouts from the book and they're good. I feel sore the next day !
    They have some stretches but i thought my plan was good as it is .
    As for yoga , I read that it's only good for toning your body after you lose weight . So i have to wait a while for that.

EDIT :

As for the scale .. lol ! i dont think i can wait a month !!! i am one CURIOUS person !! hehe!
    Don't worry , like i pointed out to Strawberryshortcake . It only helps me to keep aware of things.
    Last edited by lirvavril; 09-03-2008 at 07:00 PM.

^ most people think: if I eat less/different I will loose weight.
    but extersice is the thing htat work the most. if you still eat much sugar but don't work out.. your body will store is as fat.

yup, Im really proud of you that you lost so much!
    you will def. fit in LC clothing ^^

Haaaaay!~

Aaaaw , Laura thanks ! I feel flattered .
    Actually I don't starve myself , i won't do that !
    I just cut out all the unhealthy things .

And what you said about exercise is so true .
    A couple of years ago i had a personal trainer and worked out 5-6 times /week . I didn't stick to a food plan. Sometimes i ate what i want .
    On the other hand , My sis was on a diet.

listen to this ...
    In the end of 2 months , My sis lost 12 pounds. But didnt show it .
    I lost 2 pounds BUT i lost 13 cm from my waist , 2 inches from my butt , 2 inches in each thigh!!!!!!!!!!
    aaaaaah , i had the perfect body back then [ sigh! ]

Here's a great tip I do when eating :

- Before i start my meal i drink one bottle of water (0.5 ml )
    - Drink Soup ... then
    - Eat the main meal ( you will be so full you wont complete it ! )

How awesome!!:] I'm so proud of you m'dear~ ^-^
    <33

I wish I had the motivation to lose weight but then again..I'm losing weight already without me knowing it nor while doing absolutely nothing. >.>;

Anyway, well done!! *cheers* :]

thanks l0urie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw , you're soooo lucky to lose weight even when u're
    not thinking of it .

And the motivation , I get it from you guyz

^ the only motivation I have atm to loose some fat... is lemoncookie.
    and you are my inspriration. because it's really awsome. =)

like one of my friends who lost 10 kg in on kg.nth. she finally realised she was way to... fat. ( she was 109 kg. aim: 80 kg)

Haaaaay!~

I want to lose weight but I couldn't give up bread...I basically devour the stuff! So, I'm glad to see someone who has the motivation to actually do so good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuyako View Post
    I want to lose weight but I couldn't give up bread...I basically devour the stuff! So, I'm glad to see someone who has the motivation to actually do so good luck!
    U can do it !!!!!!!!!! Why not start it w/ me ?

wowowow.. your losing weight in a healthy way.. im sooooooo proud of you!! wish you best of luck

i dont workout or exercise at all..... i should really start..............................

+ Reply to Thread