+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Formal Dance Them HELP

Default Winter Formal Dance Them HELP

So I secretary of my student council && have a major part in choosing the theme of the dances. Our winter formal dance is huge and I want it to be amazing. However, i don't want a played out, cliche theme like Winter Wonderland or something. I want something original<3 Last year our theme was "dancing under the stars" :O. Whack right?

Well I would really love this year's dance to be spectacular and blow eveyrone away, especially now that i have much more control over it this year.

I need help w/ some possible themes, and if you sugegst a theme, it'd be nice if you could explain associated decorations too

A theme I came up with and really liked was "Narnia "

I know you jammers will come up w/ better ones

Thanks! I greatly appreciate it<33

Default Re: Winter Formal Dance Them HELP

hahaha Narnia is an interesting theme, i like it actually.
    I don't have any good suggestions at the moment. It's hard to think of something interesting and wintery
    When I think of winter, all that goes through my mind is the anime, Kanon XP

3. Default Re: Winter Formal Dance Them HELP

Narnia sounds like a pretty good idea ^^
    it would be nice to have a royal, renaissance kind of theme too
    but i dont think many high school students [including myself] can afford dresses that can look royal xDD

wow~
    the "dancing under the stars" sounds totally... AWESOME~
    "It's a swirling wonderland of sparkling, white pleasure. Let it fill your senses with cascading, fluffy pillows of comfort and excitement as you have never felt before."
    -Patrick Star

xD Dancing Under the Stars was one of my school dance themes. It was fun.

As for a non-cliche'd winter theme...
    -Winter Waltz
    -Cold Outside but Hot in Here (oh dear goodness. xD)
    -The ever generic: "Winter Partyland" -As long as you have awesome decorations, it'd be fantastic.
    - Winter/Formal Snowstorm
    - Ice-tacular
    - Dance on Everest - Mountain decorations? I kinda like this one. xD;

Okay so...Maybe they are cheesy. XD

Does everyone in your school like Narnia? I had a really diverse school and I know that if our theme was Narnia, a large number of people would not go at all.
    Non-Wintery themes..hmmm...
    - Color Madness - Solid blocks of color, with matching tables / tablecloths. This could get really cray if you have neons ad set up blacklights around. You -have- to be careful with this one though. I went to a school where we wouldn't be able to do this because a number of colors are associated with gangs. So if gangs aren't a problem where you're at, go for it! Also, I'd recommend not going rainbow, just do it random. Rainbow = homosexual and while that may be dandy by some, others could be put off by it. You want to appeal to the largest number of people.
    - Polka Dots & Moonbeams - It's a Frank Sinatra song. xD You could have posters and decorations of stripes and polka dots - I bet if kids knew about it before they went shopping, they'd try to match.

I used to be part of the group that did our Winter dance too, when I was in high school. Maybe this helps? xD I'm sorry if it doesn't.

Ice Ice Baby!!! haha vanilla ice! or is that toooooo old for you guys where most people wont know that song?? I'd tie it to a 90s theme but winter-y. haha

so my idea: 90's theme with a winter feel and call it "Ice Ice Baby"

take any theme and make it winter?

My PoupeeGirl | SocialVibe |
    Want your own AsiaJam userbar siggy? Click Here!

+ Reply to Thread