Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to flatten & tone my flabby tummy?

Default How to flatten & tone my flabby tummy?

does anyone have any idea how to flatten flabby tummies?? my tummy has become so protruding over the years, it's worrying!

Diet. HEALTHY diet.

SOME TIPS:
    1. Don't smother food (not too much ranch on salads, just BARELY there, not too much salt, etc etc).
    2. Stick with fruits for sugars, but don't drink fruit JUICE that has TOO MUCH sugar added in.

Eat less and less progressively -- your stomach will stop getting stretched out from the HUGE ammounts of food you eat. Table manners also teaches you to have only one mouthful of food in your mouth -- don't shovel everything in. Helps you slim down. You get full faster and you eat slower -- enjoy your meals.

One BIG meal a day is also reccomended. Then spend the rest of the day being active! Walk EVERYWHERE, don't use the remote, things like that. Just do what you can to keep moving.

Also, to tone up that stomach, flex in place. Tense up your abs even while you're just sitting down. It's basically the same property as sit-ups or crunches.

GOOD LUCK!

As with the above poster, I've heard that 30 minutes of your heart rate being up, is good for you. Also, do not eat at night or at least 3 hours before you go to bed. Some celebrities stop eating at 7 p.m. but they also get three good meals a day.

whoaa thanks for all your quick responses! gosh getting my tummy flat is TOUGH maintenance! lol

speaking of which, i gotta really cut down on juices and start doing crunches.. now the question is, how do i discipline myself? tufffff!

How to flatten my tummy 101:

Basically there's only 2 ways to lose weight, no matter what the diet books say.

1. What goes in:

The more you eat, the more you gain, in terms of weight. But not all foods are the same though. You can eat a lot of meat and fats and yet not gain a single ounce, but eat lots of carbohydrates, and up goes the weight!!

This may sound ridiculous, but all diets that works today is based on this simple principle:

REDUCE CARBOHYDRATES

this means:

- sugar that comes in pop (canned drinks such as pepsi, or coke). Drinking 1 coke a day will get you fat really fast!! Every wonder why beer drinkers have big tummies? same reason as drinking coke. Coke or drinks with lots of sugar will make you fat, really, really fast. Sugar turns into FAT in 2 steps: when you consume sugar, it turns into blood sugar which gets carried into the cells and used as energy, and those unused is turned into fat. Very, very quickly. So, beware of sugar.

- bread, buns, noodles, rice, french fries, and anything made with flour are carbohydrates (including sugar), and carbohydrates turns into blood sugar faster than pure sugar (above). WHich then turns into fat.

if you just reduce eathing those two, you'll lose weight, period.

Here's how it works:

If you go to a mc. donalds, just eat the burger, leave the coke and fries out...

Don't eat margarine, but intead butter. Eat meat more. I know this sounds ridiculous but meat actually gets you fuller for longer periods of time and takes a lot of energy for your body to turn it into energy, and seldom gets stored away as far, at least not as easily as eathing bread would.

Basically, eat healthy and natural, such as meat, fruits, vegetables and leave out the pops, fries, breads, etc.

Default Re: how to flatten my flabby tummy?

Quote Originally Posted by pinktroll
    does anyone have any idea how to flatten flabby tummies?? my tummy has become so protruding over the years, it's worrying!
    I work out at the gym every other day for about 1 hour. On different things.
    I go eliptical trainer, bikes, treadmill, & such and then if you want to burn fat, you just press fatburn.
    Haha.
    and i do abs and running after that.
    & sometimes i do step class.
    i go to the gym every other day usually.
    just not this week.

I read in a magazine recently that you can do as many sit ups you want but it won't matter unless you do CARDIO. Even the slightest layer of fat will cover your abs.
    DO NOT deny your body of carbs. It's the worse thing you can do because you'll just go on a CARB fest like me every once in a while. I gained 5 pounds that way.
    Fashion is my life,
    and the world is my runway.

I've heard from alot of people that if you walk for atleast 30 minutes a day for a month it will be the equivalent of a liposuction. Thats not much is it?
    I try not to exercise too much because the faster my metabolism gets the more my body needs to eat. Which is bad for me because when i used to ride my bike to school I would always be in a rush and riding up the big hill takes alot of energy and when it comes to lunch time I'm surrounding by junk food and just eat a heap of junk so yeah, if you're weak like me the temptation is just too strong.

I also heard that if you try and starve yourself while exercising alot, it sends your body into survival mode and doesn't let the stored fats go anywhere, if you get what i mean.

I hope that has been of some help to you. It has helped me a bit.

walking, drinking water and being careful of sugar you take is the way to go! the more active you keep yourself though, the best chances you have to stay healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by StarryNight
    How to flatten my tummy 101:

Basically, eat healthy and natural, such as meat, fruits, vegetables and leave out the pops, fries, breads, etc.
    ;_; There go my favorite fries and pasta! Seriously though, in my experience running works wonders. Even if you just start off jogging for short distances and build it up over time, you can burn calories quite quickly. And while running may be a little painful while you're doing it, you eventually hit a threshold where you don't feel it anymore and feel like you could keep going forever. And then when you're done, there's this great empowering feeling of "I just ran!"

Like everyone else said: eat healthier.

Also, I'd recommend crunches. If you do them right and use your abs instead of your neck muscles that should help. It keeps my tummy flab-free!

This is advice from my dance teacher: do 10-20 crunches a day. It doesn't take very long but remember, a crunch is NOT a sit up. A crunch only requires you to lift yourself up until your shoulderblades come up from the ground.

But along with crunches, you need cardio. Try walking, jogging, or running for 30 min. or so.

Hope that helped!
    I got jimmies! ^.^

Everyone's already given a lot of good advice. But I'll make a suggestion... If you have a pool where you can go to swim and do laps...try it! ^^

A lot of people say that swimming is one of the best exercises to do to get in shape, and summer is coming up.

I dunno about anyone else, but swimming feels great and it's not that hard. You don't have to do a bunch continual laps, but break it up, and keep working up to more every time you swim again. That's what I'm doing for this summer.

And yeah, just walking around outside is good for you. My dad says just doing that, especially when it's sunny and the weather's good, releases endorphins, or whatever. Honestly, I have no clue about that, but I have a relatively good idea of what he means. XD

Like dramadweeb said, 30 minutes is good. Even 20. If you get in a habit of doing that (everyday if you can), it will help you a lot, and probably make you a lot happier and motivated to get active. ^^

Default Green Tea

Here's some good information I've found about green tea:
    Green Tea has been proven to not only speed up metabolism leading to weight loss, but has also been deemed a wonder drug that can impact cancer, high cholesterol, hypertension, and a myriad of health related challenges. Keith and Gillian Bales stumbled upon a phenomenon and have devised an approach centered on green tea that helps them to feel great, lose weight without hunger, and to improve their overall health.
    ~*Katlyn*~

I'd just eat well and get plenty of exercise. And bey exercise, I don't nessicarily mean sit-ups, no no. Just going shopping burns more calories than you'd think. Oh, and most importantly: DON'T SKIP MEALS!!!!

Hope that helps some. =)

Eat healthy and exercise....psst, of course it'll make bodies look better, but it reality, cmon, getting motivated to exercise on your own free will is very difficult (unless you have to take PE). Easier said than done.

What I use is the AbSlide. Its cheap, quick 5 minutes a day, and your tummy will be much slimmer. It doesnt work for everyone, but its worth a shot. Worked for me!

Green Tea has been proven to not only speed up metabolism leading to weight loss, but has also been deemed a wonder drug that can impact cancer, high cholesterol, hypertension, and a myriad of health related challenges. Keith and Gillian Bales stumbled upon a phenomenon and have devised an approach centered on green tea that helps them to feel great, lose weight without hunger, and to improve their overall health.
    OMG I seriously had no idea green tea could do that. *gets up to make some* XDD thanks for posting that Katy91185~~
    Nothing can ever stop you from following your dreams!

green tea is amazing.
    thatsall.
    ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku;
    zenshin suru no ga daiji yo . : 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaseii
    OMG I seriously had no idea green tea could do that. *gets up to make some* XDD thanks for posting that Katy91185~~
    Oh yes Green tea is LOVE! ^_^

I lost twenty pounds this year by doing this... But I gained five of 'em back at New Orleans.

I ride my bike through the grass when I ride. Its tougher to ride through grass than on the asphalt, due to the friction. So, I actually will cut my cardio by about ten minutes short if I'm riding through the grass a lot. That's probably not what you're supposed to do, so... Hehe. Also, I cut out a lot of my regular sodas, and it made me feel good when I went to my karate classes. Get your dairy, too! I hear cheese has a lot of fat in it, so I eat more low-fat yogurt.

Ooh, and karate! If you have a dojo anywhere around, I'd start soon.

But, you may not want to listen to me. I tip the scales at 145. ^^

I <3 polka dots.

ahhh the evil flabby tummy!

what i did was everytime i finished taking a shower, i'd

1.) lay down and do 1-2 sets of 60 crunches.
    remember to do them properly! you're tummy should tighten up rather than buldge out when you do a crunch!

2) do 20 crappy push-ups

3.) do this waist thing i learned on some video. basically sideway crunches?

i think they really helped because after a while my tummy wasn't so flabby. and i actually had little abs and biceps!

try it out :]
    i like clothes. especially cute clothes

i've decided to contribute to the world a little.
    join me, won't you?

Closed Thread